Why Support Chances for Children?
[give_goal id="1367" show_text="true" show_bar="true"]
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Here at Chances for Children, we have made a conscious decision to stay small and concentrate on our little family of kids, since they were not given the chance to decide their own fates.
Our children have all been orphaned and have no one else to look after them. They desperately need a framework and a nurturing environment in which to learn and grow.
HOW WILL WE HELP?
C4C aims to offer care, protection and love through the establishment of a Children’s Village in which:
- There will be a mother figure for each house with approx. 8 children being accommodated in a traditional African style village. Each house will have a bathroom with running water, sleeping accommodation with individual storage space for every member of the house, and a communal living room.
- Children will be coached in academic, vocational and basic life skills, to enable them to become productive and self-sustainable members of the community.
- Each child’s medical needs will be monitored, and catered for.
- Counseling will be offered to each child. It is hoped that some of the children with short-term problems will eventually be reunited with their families.
- We plan to work with local authorities and communities to ensure that this work done in a way that does not alienate the local people, but rather involves them in the project. We want to encourage community ownership and support.